An Adams County Criminal Attorney May Petition The Court

A deferred adjudication is a second chance for a defendant to receive probation.  It actually works like probation in that a defendant must meet certain requirements laid out by the court over a specified period of time.  But, if he is successful in doing so, his record can be expunged.

In order to be granted a deferral of adjudication, an Adams County criminal attorney must enter a plea of guilty, or no contest.  Even if a jury has found a defendant guilty, his Adams County criminal attorney can petition for a deferred adjudication, if it is a first time conviction.

Written by

Attorney Dennis Champine is more than just an attorney he’s a compassionate lawyer who understands how difficult and overwhelming it can feel to be in the midst of legal problems.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply